Monday, November 16, 2009

Superstar Armpits

I helped a blind man on Sunday at Target while cashiering. How I knew he was blind, well it was quite obvious.
1.) He was being lead by a fellow team member.
2.) He had his eyes closed.
3.) He told me.
I was going to help him to the best of my ability.
I asked him if he found everything okay. He had a bop-it. Rock on! He gave me his credit card, I ran it and helped him sign. Then he asked me to open it and read the directions. I flipped off my light and opened the package, secretly hoping we could play it. Because how many people get to play bop-it with a blindman?! Unfortanely I just read the directions to him.
Finishing this he asked if his taxi had arrived. My response "let's go see!" Oops. I instructed him to grab my arm. He missed and grabbed my armpit and continued to have his hand in it. Ackward. But I wasn't going to say anything... tough luck for him! The taxi came, he left and my manager came up to check on me. I guess that particular gentleman has a tendency to 'grab' females in the wrong regional areas... aka breast. I replied that I felt more bad for him since his grab was my armpit :)

Now onto today's conversation w/ Shirley.
She disclosed she wished I was around the Aberdeen area around Christmas time because she would like to have afternoon tea with me and slyly introduce me to her son. Lol, she has been thinking of this for quite some time! I think I'll keep it on the DL that I'm here until Dec. 31st... maybe, or I could get a great story :)
Me: I would be a giggling fool.
Shirley: It's not a wine party.
Me: Maybe it should be... loosen everyone up!
Shirley: I just know you and "freddy" would hit it off. You could talk about economics...
Me: Who knows what will happen around Christmas time.
Shirley: I am not matchmaker but I think you two would hit it off.
Me: um... I have to get the phone.
Afternoon tea = Dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment