Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Exhibition in Mitchell

Pre-gaming... not only fun but can be educational.

On Saturday was the first day of exhibition games for the Canaries. Whoot! For the record it went pretty well. I will write more later but here is the pre-game for you:

1.) National Anthem: So the microphone was sort of tricky. To make it have sound a person had to push a button up and another over. Well the Barber Shop Quartet didn't get the whole idea of "over." The mic was not on and all I could do was just watch and pray the rest of the night would turn around.

2.) Candy Toss: Simple, eh? lol far from this! I did not have enough hands so I asked the children in the front row to help me toss the candy. Well these boys had just been to a baseball clinic and had practiced their pitching. So they took the jaw breakers, suckers, and tootsie rolls and threw them into the front row like a fast ball. The poor older crowd members were pelleted! I tried to get the kids attention to not to throw overhand but underhand... it didn't work. Mental note: Think is this sue-able?

3.) Chase the Child: A spin from Chase the Chicken. There is a child standing on 1st base and Cagey, the mascot, is at home. The child has to race around the inside field while Cagey attempts to 'catch' him. I did not think this entirely through. The child that wanted to race was not exactly all there with his mind and a little pudgier. Well I still said yes. And Cagey aka intern Nate, I forgot to tell NOT to 'catch' the kid. You know the happy ending, blah, blah...

So I see this kid out on 1st base and I know it is bad but I have no choice but to go through with it. On your marks, get set, GO!!! The kid takes off... well sort of starts walking. And Cagey starts to sprint. Needless to say the kid was taken down and Cagey sat on him! The crowd was laughing, not with the kid, but at him!!!

4.) Beheading of the Bobblehead: So I was trying to escape off the field and was juggling cardboard boxes, a microphone and a bobblehead. Well when jogging off the bobblehead fell from balancing on the boxes. I beheaded the bobblehead!! I had no choice but to kick the head off the field. Ugh!!

5.) Pizza, Ice Cream, and Hotdog meyhem!
6.) YMCA nonhearing music

One can only image the stories with this...

No comments:

Post a Comment