Saturday, April 04, 2009

Reasoning For Reasoning

So why do things happen and people say "it happens for a reason." Really people. I say it believing in my heart there may be a possibility that I fall flat on my face. People expect you to stand up, smile, and be cheerful. Honestly, I would love to see an individual not cringe inside or grumble under her or his breath. I do it all the time. For example:

1.) Athletes. I have the utmost respect for the teams at SDSU. However, I believe they should NOT be treated all high and mighty. No special privileges like registering for classes early, special lounges, and scholarships. College was founded on education. Reward for the academics. There are tons of people that are not athletes busting their butts each day, but I do not see Sherry from the Wellness Center running over to the treadmill to hand me a $1000 scholarship because I run. If I am in pain I go buy my own medicine or ice packs. No one rubs out my tightened calves. No I figure things out myself and have enough will power to do what needs to be done for staying in shape.
2.) Bashing. I do it. You do it. But before anyone does it think about what is spewing out of your mouth. So you don't want to hire her because she seemed too professional and used gestures when talking. Well last time I checked I would rather have a representative that is professional than one that stands there talking about the last time he or she was drunk. Also what is so wrong with applying twice for something. If you have the drive and passion to want it that bad it just shows you are determined. Do not knock quite yet... you aren't perfect either people!
3.) Committed. Sign up for a job than do it. Please do it. If you have too many responsibilities than take a step back and reevaluate what is important and don't let the others suffer from your lack of commitment. That is just irresponsible, poor character and selfish.
4.) Manners. Who really needs to swear. The last time I checked swearing did not raise anyone's points on the professional scale. It shows immaturity and lack of self control.
5.) Priorities. Who is number 1? You, friends, family, God? Know who to make time for. If you aren't 100% in than just tell the person. It hurts to be played and that is what you are doing when you aren't 100% in.

Today was tough. I do not understand why we can't have a holiday. Really we have everything under control it is just easy to say... oh I'm overwhelmed or I just can't handle it. But really what is there to do. You only have a house with one kid in it. We used to have holidays every year with 6 people. My heart just breaks each year that we can't have a holiday. I feel like it isn't even a holiday and would rather stay in Brookings. Then I am apartment hunting on top of that. I do not have time to do this. I need to though because I will be on the streets. YES! Somedays I just want to quit.. I think I may tonight. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment